Data Protection Officer
Of course, documenting your policies and procedures is just the beginning. We can work with you to implement them, either on a fixed term basis or you can outsource your Data Protection Officer (DPO) role to us entirely.
Many organisations are obliged by the GDPR to appoint a DPO, including:
- all public bodies and authorities;
- organisations processing special category data on a large scale;
- organisations engaging in regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale;
The benefits to you of outsourcing your DPO role to us include:
- Guaranteed priority access to an expert Data Protection resource;
- Significant improvement of your Data Protection standards;
- Enhanced credibility with peer organisations, clients, staff, and data protection authorities as to your commitment to Data Protection compliance.
Cygnus is highly experienced in providing DPO services on a national and international basis. As well as with Ireland’s Data Protection Commission, we are registered as a DPO on behalf of clients with these other European data protection authorities: